Thursday, January 17, 2008

Leggings as pants




Okay, look. I understand that fashion and style are entirely subjective and may differ according to different people's tastes, but there are some things that people should not do. Like wearing leggings as pants. First off, those leggings under skirts and dresses were not cute, but they were tolerable. Now it's winter, and people have traded wearing leggings with skirts and dresses and flats and started wearing tights, but THE LEGGINGS HAVE NOT GONE AWAY. I do not understand why girls think that it's okay to wear these leggings as pants. If your shirt is not long enough to hit mid-thigh, you need to put some pants on. It's winter now, you live in Canada. It's cold out. Don't your ankles get cold? Doesn't your butt? Are you going to the gym? Does anyone wear spandex leggings to the gym any more? I can see your underwear under that, you know. Don't think that just because you wear your Uggs with them, I can't see that they end mid calf. Did you forget to put on pants this morning? The only way that these leggings are okay to wear with just a shirt as a top, is if you wear them as an extra layer under your pants. Actually, I don't care even if it's warm out. Listen to me: LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS. No, I'm sorry, it's not okay to wear them as pants. THEY AREN'T PANTS, THEY WEREN'T MEANT TO BE WORN AS PANTS, PLEASE STOP WEARING THEM AS PANTS. I don't care if they are comfortable. It looks like you forgot to put on pants in the morning.



Case in point:
Lindsay Lohan.

not attractive.

Summary: Leggings = NOT pants.

No comments: