Sunday, February 24, 2008

belts.

I like belts. They can serve multiple purposes.
a) They hold your pants/skirt up
b) They can add a bit of colour to your outfit.
c) They can create the illusion of a narrower waist
They're awesome.
However, I was just recently in Singapore for reading week and (because the weather there is always amazing, and is pretty much 30 degrees year round) there were a lot of girls out there wearing summer dresses. Which is fine. I enjoyed the weather and threw on a couple of dresses myself. My problem was with (and my cousin pointed this out to me, as well, one day) the girls who wore the huge bubble dresses that are supposed to hang, and be flowy with giant belts cinched around their waists.
Ladies, listen, the dresses you are wearing are made to be shapeless. If they were meant to be belted, they would come with a belt.
Also, if they came with a belt, it would not be a belt thats 15cm in width made out of patent leather. It would be a skinny belt that would cinch in the extra material at your waist, not cover your entire mid-section.
Please, wear your belts responsibly.

No comments: