Monday, March 3, 2008

parfums COMME des GARCONS



I'm not the biggest fan of the Comme des Garçons collections. I usually feel that they experiment with clothing for the sake of experimentation without creating anything worth remembering. However, some of their experiments do appeal to me. I have yet to smell any of their fragrances (so for all I know this experimentation is also a failure) but I do love the packaging and design of their perfumes. I've always liked big bold colourful numbers and letters that are sometimes in a hand written font. I am also intrigued by the ingredients used to create some of their smells. Odeur 53, which they call the anti-perfume, is a mixture that includes (how they do this is beyond me) the freshness of oxygen, pure air of the high mountains, sand dunes and burnt rubber. They have also concocted the 8.88 fragrance to capture the imaginary smell of gold. Now, how can a perfume be any cooler than that?

No comments: